Having a strong online presence is crucial for the success of any business and one of the key elements of a successful online presence is search engine optimisation (SEO), which plays a significant role in determining where your website ranks on search engine results pages (SERPs).
While traditional SEO tactics like optimising your website’s content and using relevant keywords are essential, incorporating high quality marketing videos into your SEO strategy can be a game-changer. In this article, we will explore how videos can improve Google ranking for your business and why you should consider integrating them into your digital marketing efforts.
1. Enhanced user engagement
Google’s algorithms are designed to prioritise websites that provide valuable and engaging content to users. Videos do just that. When visitors spend more time on your website watching videos, it signals to Google that your content is relevant and engaging, which can result in improved rankings. To maximise user engagement through videos, consider the following tips:
• Create informative and visually appealing videos that resonate with your target audience.
• Keep videos concise and to the point, as shorter videos are more likely to retain viewers’ attention.
• Only embed high quality videos onto your website to ensure that visitors won’t be turned-off. Consider having your marketing videos created by a video production company.
2. Reduced bounce rates
Bounce rate refers to the percentage of visitors who leave your website after viewing only one page. High bounce rates can negatively impact your SEO rankings, as they suggest that visitors are not finding what they were looking for on your site. Videos can help reduce bounce rates by providing engaging content that encourages visitors to explore your website further. Here’s how you can use videos to reduce bounce rates:
• Place videos strategically on landing pages to capture visitors’ attention immediately.
• Ensure that the video content aligns with the topic of the page and provides additional value.
• Include calls to action (CTAs) within your videos to encourage visitors to interact with your site further.
3. Increased dwell time
Dwell time is the amount of time a visitor spends on your website before returning to the search results. Google considers dwell time as a ranking factor, as it reflects the quality and relevance of your content. Videos can significantly increase dwell time by keeping visitors engaged and on your site longer. To boost dwell time with videos:
• Embed plenty of videos throughout your site – ideally at least one relevant video per webpage.
• Create playlists of related videos to encourage viewers to watch multiple videos on your site.
• Monitor video analytics to understand which videos are most effective at retaining viewers.
4. Backlinks and social signals
Backlinks, or incoming links from other websites to yours, are a crucial part of SEO. They indicate that your content is trusted and valuable. Videos can help you earn backlinks when other websites link to your videos or embed them on their pages. This can improve your website’s authority and overall SEO ranking.
Additionally, videos are highly shareable on social media platforms. When your videos are shared on social media, they create social signals that can positively impact your SEO efforts. These signals demonstrate that your content is relevant and valuable, which can lead to higher search engine rankings. To leverage backlinks and social signals from videos:
• Promote your videos on social media platforms and encourage sharing.
• Collaborate with influencers or industry experts to create and share videos related to your niche.
• Reach out to relevant websites and offer your videos for inclusion in their content.
5. Rich snippets and video SEO
Google often displays rich snippets in search results, which include additional information like thumbnails, video duration, and publication date for video content. When your videos appear as rich snippets in SERPs, they can attract more clicks and improve your click-through rate (CTR), another crucial SEO factor. To enhance your chances of getting rich snippets for your videos:
• Use schema markup to provide structured data about your videos to search engines.
• Create compelling video titles, descriptions, and tags that accurately reflect your video’s content.
• Submit a video sitemap to Google to help the search engine index your video content effectively.
For more information on how high-quality marketing videos can improve your Google ranking, speak with our local recommended production company, Glowfrog Video Production. Head to www.glowfrogvideo.com or call 01332 492 465.