PPC, or pay-per-click, is a method of online marketing in which advertisers pay a fee each time one of their advertisements is clicked. Simply put, you only pay for advertising when your ad is clicked on. It is simply a means of “buying” visits to your website in addition to boosting organic internet traffic.
Search engine advertising, which allows advertisers to pay for ad placement in a search engine’s sponsored links, is one of the most common forms of PPC. This works when a customer searches for a keyword linked to their company’s product or service. For instance, if we bid on the keyword “Google Shopping Management,” our ad may appear near the top of the Google results page.
The benefits of using PPC
PPC has numerous benefits for your business, including the following:
- Optimized PPC is cost-effective.
- Your ad will be displayed on the first page of results when someone searches for a related term.
- More exposure and brand visibility as targeted traffic is directed to your site
- You can run multiple ad campaigns for each keyword.
- It results in higher click-through rates (CTR), more conversions, and increased sales revenue.
- Provides instant traffic
If PPC is functioning properly, the return on ad spend (ROAS) should be high because a visit to your site is worth more than what you pay for it. Yet, it is not as simple as simply paying for clicks and obtaining traffic; there is a lot that goes into creating a great PPC campaign. It entails selecting the correct keywords, organizing those keywords into well-organized campaigns and ad groups, and creating conversion-optimized PPC landing pages.
It’s essential to know the best techniques for running a PPC campaign because search engines will reward more relevant, well-targeted PPC campaigns with lower-cost ad clicks. If your advertisements are satisfying and beneficial to users, Google will lower your cost per click, resulting in a bigger profit.
Who should use PPC?
PPC advertising is ideal for small businesses as you get to decide how much you’re willing to spend on each keyword, so you can manage how much you will be spending when your ads are displayed. In essence, this ensures that the money you spend on ads isn’t wasted, as you’re more likely to attract people who are interested in your product.
The most popular PPC advertising network is Google Ads. You can use the platform to design campaigns that will appear across all Google services. It is critical to select the correct ad format and keywords, as Google AdWords ranks potential advertisers based on ad quality, relevancy, and size, as well as bid price.
Because Google is the most popular search engine, using Google Ads will earn you the most impressions; thus, keep the following considerations in mind while building your PPC campaign with Google Ads:
- Ensure your keywords are relevant, popular, and likely to be searched have a high-quality landing page that looks appealing and has a clear message
- Better quality scores get more ad clicks at lower costs. In summary, PPC advertising is a great marketing option for your business.
- It’s a simple yet effective digital marketing technique to promote your products, drive traffic to your website, and ultimately, increase your sales.