The goal of this function is to translate the mission, targets, and techniques of the Alumni Engagement operate inside University Advancement to the administration of the @49erAlumni social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and My49erNetwork). Engaging alumni is a vital part of advancing satisfaction, funding in, and recognition of the University, and this function will make sure the University’s model, choices, and storytelling are aligned to facilitate that alumni engagement. More particularly, this place will contribute to Alumni Engagement initiatives by way of the event of a strong social media technique, together with content material creation, group administration, responding to questions and inquiries, and analyzing knowledge and reporting.
This place is anticipated to contribute to:
• Showcasing the vary of alternatives, sources, and occasions afforded to Charlotte alumni
• Showcasing alumni success within the Charlotte area and past
• Showcasing the “why” behind alumni-centered giving campaigns and fundraising initiatives
• The crafting of compelling tales on alumni distinction makers
• Building satisfaction, commonality, and a way of group amongst Charlotte alumni by way of compelling social media content material
Minimum schooling and expertise:
Bachelor’s diploma in a self-discipline associated to the realm of project; or equal mixture of coaching and expertise. All levels have to be obtained from appropriately accredited establishments.
Graduation from a 4-yr faculty or college with a serious in a carefully associated discipline and two years of expertise that gives the information, expertise and skills wanted within the space of project; or an equal mixture of coaching and expertise.
Essential job duties:
• Be answerable for all points of the UNC Charlotte Alumni Engagement social media presence (@49erAlumni on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram), together with content material growth, copywriting, posting, planning, asset administration, model administration, and coordination.
• Be answerable for the social media part of My49erNetwork, an area for UNC Charlotte alumni to obtain help, sources, and data after commencement.
• Support the event of social media elements for alumni-centered University Advancement campaigns and initiatives.
• Support group administration and responses from Alumni social channels — i.e., replying to feedback and direct messages, monitoring public commentary, and elevating considerations or points.
• Event protection for social media content material acquisition and creation.
• Build and analyze social media quarterly studies and different studies as requested.
• Coordinate with faculty-degree communicators on how you can greatest showcase their alumni content material through both the Alumni Engagement social channels, the school social media channels, or each.
• Participate in choose Alumni Engagement conferences to offer social media steerage, route, and insights.
• Remain updated on content material developments within the social media house and suggest content material options to spice up social media engagement.
• Help to facilitate social media correspondence and rapport with engaged alumni.
• Collaborate with social media crew on social media optimization methods.
• Monitor the social media house on designated days, together with a set schedule of nights and weekends.
Experience, expertise, coaching and schooling:
• Bachelor’s diploma in Communications, Marketing, or associated discipline
• 2+ years expertise in an expert social media function representing a model or group
• Strong understanding of how model social media differs from private social media in voice/tone, technique, administration, and so on.
• Strong judgement and skill to make use of discretion when dealing with delicate or confidential info
• Ability to adapt rapidly to the ever-altering digital communication house and willingness to study and adapt to satisfy rising wants
• Successful candidate can have robust organizational expertise, consideration to element, dedication to accuracy, and to exhibit a excessive degree of confidentiality and professionalism
• Familiarity utilizing Adobe CC Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign a plus