Another 12 months has come and gone, and as standard, SEOs had their work lower out for them. Many points have been top of thoughts for SEO practitioners in 2017, from considerations concerning the influence of an unannounced algorithm update to speculation about the impending mobile-first index.
Our hottest SEO columns this 12 months encompassed all kinds of matters, suggesting that our readership wasn’t overly targeted on anyone specific pattern. From illustrative case studies to detailed tactical guides — from YouTube optimization to technical SEO audits to the interaction between SEO and web design — our skilled and insightful columnists on Search Engine Land coated rather a lot of floor in 2017.
Wondering which natural search columns garnered probably the most consideration from readers this 12 months? Read on for our top 10 SEO columns of 2017:
- YouTube SEO: How to find the best traffic-generating keywords by Sherry Bonelli, revealed on 5/30/2017.
- How we hijacked Google’s SEO guide search rankings by Dan Sharp, revealed on 3/6/2017.
- Google site search is on the way out. Now what? by Paul Shapiro, revealed on 3/22/2017.
- How to check which URLs have been indexed without upsetting Google: A follow-up by Paul Shapiro, revealed on 1/27/2017.
- SEO Ranking Factors in 2017: What’s Important and What’s Not by Jessica Thompson, revealed on 10/25/2017.
- The complete guide to optimizing content for SEO (with checklist) by Nate Dame, revealed on 4/12/2017.
- 5 must-do technical SEO audit items in 2017 by Aleyda Solis, revealed on 6/22/2017.
- 5 massive SEO and content shifts you need to master right now by Jim Yu, revealed on 5/17/2017.
- SEO case study: Zero to 100,000 visitors in 12 months by Andrew Dennis, revealed on 7/5/2017.
- SEO & website design: Everything you need to know by Marcus Miller, revealed on 4/19/2017.
Opinions expressed on this article are these of the visitor creator and never essentially Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
New on Search Engine Land