The means of buying a buyer begins together with your first contact. There are a number of levels a shopper goes by earlier than changing into a buyer after which a loyal buyer.
A purchaser’s journey begins with figuring out or expressing a necessity. This want then needs to be fulfilled not directly or the opposite.
With over eight billion searches per yr, actual purchaser journeys are difficult and will take weeks or months. However, to simplify issues, here’s a snapshot of the important thing levels an individual goes by to turn out to be your buyer. Since practically 68 percent of on-line experiences start with a search engine all these levels can very nicely occur in Google itself:
- Awareness: when a shopper finds out that you’ve an answer to an issue, they want to be solved. In many (however not all) instances, this looking journey begins with a “find out how to” question.
- Consideration: when a shopper provides you to the checklist of potential resolution suppliers
- Decision: when a shopper believes you might have the perfect resolution and turns into a paying buyer.
Businesses want to assist shoppers make the fitting determination by offering data, help and instilling belief in your model by the method.
With video content material exhibiting up throughout search outcomes, it is sensible to make use of videos for all these three levels within the shopper’s journey. The neatest thing about videos is that they rank extremely nicely, particularly in case you host them on YouTube and follow video optimization.
The two distinct sections the place video can help your potential prospects at every stage of a shopping for journey are:
- Featured snippets: When Google features a video in a featured snippet, that’s a robust sign that individuals are trying to find a video tutorial to unravel their drawback. If that’s your goal search question, making a video is a should, particularly when optimizing for the “consciousness” stage within the funnel.
- Video carousels: Google contains video carousels when a video intent is implied. It is in no way troublesome to rank your video there, particularly in the case of particular (low-search-volume) queries, like brand-driven queries.
Here’s an instance of each of those sections rating on the very high of the search end result web page, pushing natural outcomes means under the above-the-fold a part of the display screen. Notice a very-well branded video by Lowes being featured for a really related – albeit longtail – question. I guess this generates fairly a couple of leads for them. There’s additionally one other model – The Home Depot – rating its video within the carousel under. Looks like, each of those manufacturers are doing their homework nicely:
There are many alternative sorts of video content material that can be utilized at every particular stage. These videos assist to encourage the buyer to proceed their journey with you relatively than together with your competitor.
As the title suggests, this video optimization technique ensures that your goal prospects turn out to be conscious of your model.
The forms of video advertising and marketing content material that work finest at this stage of the funnel embrace:
Make certain your videos are well-branded to construct recognizability: Use your emblem and shade palette in your video thumbnail, as it’ll present up in search outcomes.
Once the attention has been created, it’s time to consolidate all that effort and transition your shopper to the following stage of consideration.
You can improve your buyer expertise at this stage by videos that place your product in a means you need it to be positioned. A very good cause to make use of videos at this stage is that they put your product in a real-life context, that’s, they present precisely how different individuals are utilizing your product.
The only videos for this stage are:
- Explainer videos to introduce your shopper to the product and describe what you provide intimately. The explainer videos present the issue, talk about how your organization can show the answer and spotlight the options of the product and its advantages to the buyer. Think of those videos as lead magnets: You need them to supply worth, not simply discuss your product.
- Product demo videos to elucidate how a services or products works intimately. They spotlight all the benefits of utilizing the product in a straightforward to grasp format. They usually use step-by-step directions to point out find out how to use the product and will embrace some modern concepts about the place to make use of it. A very good script and glorious presentation make it a standout product demo videos of all time. It is a good suggestion to create an on-site video gallery in your website to share these demos together with your website guests. Videos do decelerate your pages, so thoughts your page load time when utilizing embedded content material.
- Storytelling videos to point out a lighter facet of your corporation, humanize it to make it join with the buyer. These videos inform a narrative about your corporation, its hopes, aspirations, and values. Usually, firm workers and executives communicate concerning the firm, their experiences with it and their work. They are designed to create an emotive response that can strengthen the shoppers’ relationship together with your firm.
As all of those videos are speculated to be rating in Google, ensure that to match them to the precise search queries which have increased business intent.
The third stage of the buyer’s journey is convincing the shopper that your services or products affords the perfect resolution to their drawback.
This is the stage the place the buyer is already dedicated to purchase and desires a mild nudge in the fitting course. This is the time when you’ll want to emphasize on trust-building so the buyer trusts your model and buys your product. The only videos at this stage are peer testimonials and evaluations.
- Video testimonials: These are the perfect forms of videos for belief and confidence-building in your potential prospects and a should for the ultimate stage of buyer acquisition which is lead conversion.
- Customer-driven storytelling videos exhibiting how your prospects use the product in a extra inventive context.
Your goal search queries for a majority of these videos embrace:
- Your product and your model title: If you might have a longtime model (or in case you are working in direction of that), your model title is being searched in Google, and these videos will make sure you’ll have one more asset you management in brand-driven SERPs. If you might be doing a good job tracking your brand in natural search, you already know your necessary brand-driven search queries.
- Competitor-driven search queries: These are search queries exploring your rivals’ alternate options and evaluating two rivals.
These videos must also be reused in two necessary methods:
- Embed them in your key touchdown pages: Video content material is a widely known solution to enhance conversions however on this case it’s a great way to assist your prospects really feel at dwelling as they may see the identical video on the web page after clicking the hyperlink on YouTube. It can also be a good suggestion to curate these videos in your dedicated customer reviews page.
- Use these videos to your remarketing campaigns. You can use retargeting on YouTube to serve them to individuals who already went by stage #2 within the shopping for journey however haven’t transformed but.
Using videos in your natural search technique to have interaction prospects at every main stage of their shopping for journey is among the finest examples of how SEO and sales can help one another. Include videos in each search engine optimisation and CRO methods and you’ll probably see a lot better outcomes on each fronts.