Newsquest, the UK’s main native media group, has introduced a significant new £1.5 million every year funding in native journalism with the recruitment of fifty new digital journalist roles throughout the UK.
As a part of this funding we’re in search of a top-class SEO content data analyst to assist us lead with unrivalled SEO content throughout the UK.
Every day our on-line information manufacturers attain thousands and thousands of individuals proper throughout the nation – virtually 80 per cent of the native inhabitants – and you can be becoming a member of a group of pushed, progressive digital specialists taking our content to the subsequent stage.
- You will perceive and work throughout many points of our digital merchandise however with a specific deal with SEO viewers progress.
- You will work alongside a content editor and group of specialist SEO journalists in a newly fashioned SEO content group, creating content that can improve our attain by way of search channels and new referrers.
- You will deliver our content choices to life by way of data, figuring out viewers consumption habits and performing ‘deep-dive’ data evaluation to supply actionable insights that will assist our journalists attain the largest potential viewers with the precise content, on the proper time, the precise locations.
- The position works hand handy, day in, time out with colleagues in our editorial, industrial and product groups to ship insights by way of data, outline and present reporting and to establish dangers and alternatives.
- As vital as any side of this position, you’ll act as an advocate for data-informed choice making, notably with editorial groups, and assist present vital suggestions to our product groups about actions or improvement on our platforms that would improve our visibility by way of search and our capacity to develop site visitors to our websites.
Skills and expertise:
- This position is all about content, so expertise working in an editorial atmosphere, notably with an viewers improvement, can be extremely advantageous.
- You are extremely numerate and analytical and you excel at breaking down an issue or process. When working alone, you get on with it, when working with a group, you’re proactive, collegiate and pragmatic.
- Equally vital are your glorious communication abilities and your capacity to current complicated info in an easy-to-understand method to journalists and different colleagues with clear, evidence-based suggestions. You will even have to symbolize the group to report on progress to regional editors and senior administration.
- A few years’ stable expertise with a significant analytics device equivalent to Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics is a given. Other abilities that will be extraordinarily advantageous…
- High proficiency with a BI device equivalent to PowerBI, Tableau, Qlikview or comparable
- A radical understanding relational databases and the flexibility to put in writing SQL choose queries
- An knowledgeable person and an enormous fan of Excel
- Coding expertise in a related language equivalent to Python or R
- Experience working in a publishing atmosphere
Reporting to the digital content, social and viewers supervisor, this position might be based mostly anyplace within the UK and is usually a mixture of dwelling working and being in a newsroom.
If this appears like a task for you then please ship your CV and a short electronic mail to [email protected] by 31 May 2021.